Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Say “H−EYE” to Daniel Tyree

Daniel reads a pair of glasses on the lensometer while Mrs. Moore, the Program Director, watches. Mrs. Moore is always available to make sure we’re performing skills correctly and give us advice on how to perfect them.

How did you hear about the Ophthalmic Tech Program here at Vol State?

“I found out about the Ophthalmic Tech Program by a letter sent to me by Mrs. Moore.”

What’s your favorite thing about the program so far?

“My favorite thing about the program so far is learning about all the different instruments and equipment that we as techs will use on a daily basis. I also have enjoyed all the friendships that have been made in so little time.”

What are you looking forward to most once at your clinical site?

“I’m looking forward to applying what I have learned in the past few months. I’m also looking forward to seeing some of the surgical procedures.”

What’s your least favorite thing about the program?

“Well, this is a hard one…uh…optics! Ha. Ha. I have enjoyed optics as a whole, but the different formulas that we have used so far have been a little challenging.”

Why did you choose this program?

“I chose this program because after reading about some of the courses that are offered it sounded really interesting. I also enjoy the working environment, as well as all the different opportunities after this program.”

What’s the most interesting thing you’ve learned so far?

“The most interesting thing that I’ve learned so far is image formation and just how complex an eye really.”
Posted by Melissa
Learn more about ophthalmic at Volunteer State Community College www.volstate.edu/OphthalmicTech

No comments: