Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Say “H−EYE” to Emily Hutchins

Emily practices her lensometry skills during open lab.

Why did you choose the Ophthalmic Tech Program?

“I’ve always wanted to be in the healthcare field, so I was reading about the Allied Health fields available at Vol State and this one caught my eye and seemed interesting.”

What’s your favorite thing about the program so far?

“I love my classmates and teacher and learning new info and skills everyday.”

What’s your least favorite thing about the program?

“It’s always freezing in our room.”
What are you looking forward to most once at your clinical site?

“Learning so much and actually working with real patients.”

What’s the most interesting thing you’ve learned so far?

“Everything – I can’t pick just one.”

What would you say to someone who was thinking about applying to the Ophthalmic Technician Program, but hasn’t done so for one reason or another?

“Just do it!”
Posted by Melissa
Vol State. Volunteer State Community College.

No comments: