Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Say “H−EYE” to Jasma Clark

Jasma uses the Snellen Chart to check the vision of a fellow classmate. Learning how to take visions is just one of the many skills an Ophthalmic Tech must master.

Why did you choose the Ophthalmic Tech Program?

“I chose this program because I am interested in the field of study and it feels right. I couldn’t decide on my major. After praying for months and meeting Mrs. Moore, I knew this was it. I love this program and I love what I’m learning and experiencing.”

What would you tell someone who was thinking about applying to the program, but hasn’t for one reason or another?

“I would absolutely tell them to go for it. This program is competitive and hard to get into, but they should still apply. The program work is difficult, stressful, strenuous, but not impossible. Everyone should follow their dreams and see where they lead. There are too many doors in life to not try to enter one. This program is wonderful. We have an awesome program director, Mrs. Moore. We also have many tools and instruments to assist in our learning capabilities. So if someone wants to apply, my advice to them would be to go for it!”

What’s the most interesting thing you’ve learned so far?

“Before this program, I never knew what you could see and do to a person’s eyes. It amazes me how many tests we can perform and how much ophthalmic equipment there is. And it also has taught me how important the eyes really and how devastating it would be to lose them.”
Posted by Melissa.
Vol State. Volunteer State Community College

No comments: