Thursday, December 13, 2007

Say “H−EYE” to Jayme Miracle

Jayme takes the near synkinesis test to check how well her eyes accommodate to and from near and distance. Notice the “crossed-eye” appearance when she looks at the object held about 14 inches in front of her.

How did you hear about the Ophthalmic Tech Program?

“A friend of mine that went to Volunteer State knew that I was interested in optometry. She came across the Ophthalmic Technician Program on the website. I looked up the program and became fascinated with it!”

What’s your favorite thing about the program so far?

“My favorite thing by far about the program is meeting all the life long friends that I’ve made and knowing that they are on the same page as me.”

What’s your least favorite thing about the program?

“There's really nothing that’s my least favorite thing. I have met some wonderful people, learned a lot and know that I have a job ready for me when I graduate.”

What’s the most interesting thing you’ve learned so far?

“The most interesting thing that I’ve learned so far is learning about our vision. Anatomy is my favorite class and I love learning about how we are able to see things.”

What would tell someone who was thinking about applying to the program, but thinks he/she won’t get in, that the program would be too difficult, or anything else that would keep him/her from applying?

“I would tell him/her that although the program is difficult, you just have to work hard and apply yourself. It is well worth it in the end because you know you will have a job waiting for you when you graduate.”

Posted by Melissa. Vol State. Volunteer State Community College

No comments: