Monday, August 25, 2008

About the Student Blogger...

Howdy, I’m Kristen Salter.

I'm the new Student Blogger for Vol State. My goals are to bring the readers a student’s perspective to the news and events that happen around campus. I’ll also be profiling interesting students, post tips and guides for new students, and how to get involved with all the different clubs on campus.

But more about me, I’m a 21 year old native of Hendersonville. I’m a Journalism Major. I've done a lot of work on the newspaper, The Settler, and magazine, The Pioneer. I was a writer and photographer for The Settler and this semester I’m the Art Director for The Pioneer.

When I’m not doing stuff around campus, I’m a freelance photographer and graphic artist. I love shooting concerts and big events.

I hope to be here throughout the 2008-2009 year. If you have any story ideas, just shoot me a line at ksalter1@volstate.edu. I check my e-mail regularly and I’ll reply the same day.

No comments: