Here are a few tips from CollegeTips.com:
- Make use of the Thigpen Library. There are plenty of cubby holes and such in the Library’s two floors for everyone to find a place to settle down and dig into their HIST 1010 reading. The library also has rooms on the second floor for study groups.
- Remember to take a break after every hour or so of studying. Give your brain a chance to absorb the material. If you can, try to spread out to a few short sessions.
- Studying in a group is very effective. Being in a group is a great way to keep you on track, and it will ease some of the tension and stress of studying.
- Avoid studying in your bedroom, office, etc. Find a place that you can call and designate as your study place.
- Rank your subjects on how difficult they are. Do your hardest subjects first, and the easiest last.
- If you don’t understand something, ask your professor or visit their office. Check your syllabus for their phone number and where their office is at.
Vol State. Volunteer State Community College.