Thursday, October 23, 2008

Meet Kayla and Lauren


Meet Kayla Turnbow and Lauren Dickens. Kayla is 19, and from Castilian Springs. She is the editor of the student-run newspaper on campus named The Settler. Lauren is from Lebanon, also 19, and is the assistant editor.

What is your favorite musician or band?
Kayla - "Ryan Adams. He's a song writer."
Lauren - "Anberlin."

Have you seen them live before?
Kayla - "Yes. I saw him at the Ryman and the War Memorial."
Lauren - "I went to the concert, but I wasn't able to see them because I broke my foot. Never wear flip flops to a concert!"

What's your favorite venue in Nashville?
Kayla -"The Ryman. It has a lot of history, and it's really pretty."
Lauren - "The Anchor. It's small and you can meet the bands after the show."

What is the last concert you've been to?
Kayla - "The Allman Brothers Band in Atlanta."
Lauren - "August Burns Red and Greeley Estates."

What's your favorite part of concerts?
Kayla - "I love dancing until my feet hurt!"
Lauren - "My ears ringing for days after."

Vol State. Volunteer State Community College.

No comments: