Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tech Tip Tuesday- Memory Aids

Mid-terms are drawing near and I know that I am beginning to feel overwhelmed with everything that must be accomplished in the next few weeks. I have found a few free (or low cost applications) that you can use to help you remember things. These are great for those items that pop into your head while driving or shopping or just to keep you organized.

My favorite is JOTT (http://jott.com). Jott offers a variety of plans depending on what you need it to do for you. I have the Basic (i.e. FREE) account which allows me to send simple messages and maintain a to do list online. I dial the JOTT number, leave a message from my cell phone and then receive reminders by text or email. Great for things like remembering to pay bills, projects that are due, or remembering meetings or lessons.

Remember the Milk (http://www.rememberthemilk.com) is another FREE program that allows you to create lists, set reminders, etc. plus it integrates with your google cal and other everyday tools you might use.

2 comments:

John said...

Tech-Tip Tuesday rocks!!! There is some really great information coming from this part of the blog! Please keep it up!

Derek said...

I've used tada list in the past, but I'm not a big list person, so I don't use it habitually. There's a whole family of cool little web apps from 37 Signals, most of which either are free or have a free limited use version.