Thursday, February 12, 2009

Meet Mary Smitt

Mary is a 57 year old student originally from New York City. She recently moved down here to Gallatin with family and is an Allied Health major.

Why did you leave New York City?

"My partner was ill, and I was in a car wreck and needed help being taken care of and my son lives down here so they were going to help us."

What do you miss about the Big Apple?
"The public transportation. I miss the bus system."

How do you feel back going back to school and being a 57 year old college student?
"Stupid. The logical part of my brain tells me I'm too old to be a college student."

What would you tell other older adults out there that might be intimidated by the thought of going to college?
"Do it."

What's your favorite class, and least favorite classes right now?
"I'd say English 1010 [is my favorite.] And computers, anything to do with computers."

Vol State. Volunteer State Community College.

No comments: