Thursday, September 3, 2009

Social Work for Change

Tiffany Jones is waiting outside the Caudill building a week before classes begin, and I approach her and ask her a few questions. Never knowing what someone’s story is I am often surprised and enlightened by some of the dreams and goals that fellow students are trying to achieve.

Tiffany Jones is currently a patient transporter at Vanderbilt Hospital and works as a medical assistant. At age thirty six, Tiffany is a student at Vol State and has decided on a career in social work. “This is my dream. My dream is to open a shelter for abused women and children. There are so many children who are in the system, and fall behind,” Tiffany said. Tiffany wants to help change this.

In her spare time while she is in school, Tiffany says that all she does is study. “I want to achieve that 4.0!” said Tiffany.







Volunteer State Community College

No comments: