Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween Plans

I’ve always thought Halloween was a fun holiday, and wanted to see what Vol State students were doing this year.

For some, taking the kiddos trick or treating is a yearly tradition. This is something that I always do. This year my daughter is going as Wonder Woman and wanted me to join her. This should be interesting!

Student Heather Lewis is taking her daughters Ramona age 2, and Hazel, 6 months old trick or treating. “We are going to Columbia, Tenn. Because we have family there. My two year old is going to be a fairy, and my 6 month old is going as a flower,” said Lewis.

Other students are hitting the parties for some fun in costume. Amy Mitchell, President of the College Republicans said, “I’m going to a party and dressing up as a vampire.” Zelphia Minton said, “I’m going to be a black kitty cat.” Alex Rice is dressing up as a Black Eyed Pea. “Not the group, but an actual black-eyed pea,” said Rice. “I’m also looking for Edward Cullen,” Rice said with a laugh.

Future student and cafeteria employee Harold Myers is also celebrating Halloween. “I’m going to a couple of parties, and going as K.I.S.S. member Gene Simmons,” Myers said.


Volunteer State Community College

No comments: