Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Nice to Meet You!

Hello. We have been back in class for about two months now, and I’ve been meaning to introduce myself. My name is Amie Lara and I’m the student blogger at Vol State.

Some of you may have seen me around campus, and I’ve had the pleasure of talking to some of you already. What does a blogger do? I write about fun things going on around campus and talk to students and staff about issues that arise. I love having the opportunity to meet new people, and find out what makes them tick so to speak.

Journalism is my major, and I chose this because I love to write. I’ve written articles for “Eat and Drink Austin,” a quarterly magazine in Austin, TX.

I’m a single mother and I have three beautiful children ages thirteen, ten, and four. Of course every mother thinks her children are beautiful but mine really are!

Performing has been a love of mine since the age of six, and I have the opportunity to continue this when time permits. I have done productions with The Nashville Opera and my most recent is in the production of “Tosca” at TPAC. I have performed many places with roles and jobs that range from an NFL Cheerleader, musicals, and a singer and dancer at Six Flags. Performing is an outlet for me and although I do have professional opportunities, I decided to take my “career” a different route. I love the fact that I still have the option to perform as well as write.

Another fascination of mine is Sci-Fi and Fantasy. Yes, I’m a bit of a geek when it comes to Wolverine and Spiderman. I’ve been known to go to a few comic book/sci-fi conventions and I actually enjoy it!

In May I will be graduating from Vol-State and I plan on continuing my education at MTSU.

Students who have questions or comments about the blog may email me at alara@volstate.edu

Students who wish to contribute may also send content to Eric.Melcher@volstate.edu for consideration.

Volunteer State Community College

No comments: