Friday, October 2, 2009

Political Vixen

Conservative politics and rock 'n' roll mesh well together in Amy Mitchell’s world.
President of the College Republicans and a disc jockey for Vol State’s radio station 88.5 WVCP, Amy has the Monday time slot from 5:30 p.m. until 9 p.m. “Vixen is my radio name! My politics are conservative, but I do have a great personality,” said Mitchell. Amy is also the Assistant Senior Senator of SGA.
She has been interested in pursuing her career as a disc jockey since high school. “I worked at a small station in Lafayette for two and a half years while I was in high school. I have been doing this for almost five years,” Mitchell said.
Amy said she is getting an internship for the summer with 102.9 The Buzz. “I love the music they play which is Alternative and Rock!” she said. Becoming employed as a full time disc jockey is her goal, but she realizes that this is a competitive field. “To get hired as a DJ, you have to have a special pizzazz because it is very competitive, especially with everything becoming syndicated,” Mitchell said.
Amy enjoys politics as well as listening to music, playing soccer, and working on cars.



Volunteer State Community College; 88.5 WVCP

No comments: