Thursday, December 3, 2009

Showstopping Holiday Event

Singing, dancing, and festive lighting will fill the Caudill Hall auditorium during the holiday concert.

“Christmas at Volunteer State” is being presented by Vol State’s department of Visual and Performing Arts with the “Showstoppers” and Commercial Music Ensemble performing various holiday songs.
A.J. Hughes said, “We’ve been rehearsing since the first day of school. I’ve invited a ton of people. I sing ‘Believe’ as a soloist from ‘The Polar Express.’ I do a lot of harmonies throughout.” Cody Pennington said, “I’m in the winter medley and ‘Do You Hear What I Hear?’ Those are my favorites.”
Several Vol State students are providing accompaniment as well by playing drums and keyboard along with a few other instruments. “I play drums and percussion for the Commercial Music Ensemble,” said Steven Phillips.
Not only have the performers been rehearsing since the beginning of the semester, but a lot goes on behind the scenes as well. Theatre major Andrew Givens said, “I do lighting and sound, and I do all of the theatrical events.”

There will be two opportunities to see the holiday production. Opening night is Saturday December 5, at 7:30p.m., with an encore presentation Sunday December 6 at 2:30p.m.
There is a suggested donation of five dollars, and ten dollars will get you into the show as well as a CD of the performance.



Volunteer State Community College

No comments: