Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Renting Saves

Money for tuition as well as the high cost of books can be daunting. Rent a text can help alleviate some of those costs.

This is the second semester that Vol State is offering this program. “Our titles increased by more than double,” said Dianne King, bookstore manager. Physical Therapist major Rahkiya Oriedo works in the bookstore and said, “It’s a good program and saves a lot of money.”

Not all titles are available for every class, but it is worth checking into since the savings are often more than fifty percent.

“I think it is a really good idea, and if they have what I need I’ll rent them,” said student Cassidy Lucas. Amanda Spivey said, “I think it is a great idea. I didn’t do it because they just didn’t have what I needed.” Richard Jackson said, "I had to buy mine because they were already in a pack. I’m doing the EMT certificate program. If it saves money I’m all about renting though.”

There are students who prefer not to rent textbooks. “I like to buy all mine because you get money back when you sell them at the end of the semester,” said Kristen Wildbur.

Most students seem willing to rent as long as the bookstore has the titles available. For a complete listing of available titles and more information on rent a text click here.

Volunteer State Community College

1 comment: