Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tokyo Native Now a Pioneer

Naomi Ito has only been in America for about one year. Originally from Tokyo, Japan she is now a student at Vol State.

At age 31, she is constantly thinking about her future. “I need to think about my future. I’m not sure what I want. I may change majors,” said Ito.

This is Ito’s first semester at Vol State. She said, “I went to language school. I finished, then I came here. The teachers are great. The staff is very kind.”

Pre-Dental Hygiene is currently Ito’s major. “I have experience working in Japan studying teeth. I didn’t really enjoy it, but some things interested me. It is very important to take care of teeth,” she said with a laugh.

Ito isn’t exactly sure what field she should go into. She is happy to begin her college education in America at Vol State.


Volunteer State Community College

No comments: