Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Vision For Troubled Youth

Guiding troubled youth in a positive direction is a dream of Jordan Cartmell.

Cartmell, at age 18, moved from Pueblo, Colo. and is attending Vol State for his first semester. “I’ve been here almost eight months. I want to be a guidance counselor or something of that nature,” said Cartmell.

Cartmell is in the process of helping his uncle start a school for troubled teens. “My uncle is getting ready to start a non-profit organization for at risk youth. We are in the process of buying the school,” said Cartmell. He goes on to say that, “It will be for troubled kids that are involved in the court systems.”

“I moved here from Colo. with my uncle because I was getting into trouble. Since I conquered my troubles in the past, I’m trying to pay back,” said Cartmell. He said that he feels that his story could help those that have been in similar situations.

For more information about the school and future groundbreaking dates go to the website.


Volunteer State Community College

No comments: