Monday, February 15, 2010

Sports Talk at Vol State!

Local sports talk show host George Plaster was the guest speaker at Vol State’s athletics banquet on February 11, 2010.

Plaster was broadcasting his show on 104.5 The Zone which airs from 3 to 7 p.m., from one of Vol State’s conference rooms in the Pickel building so that he could speak at the banquet.

“I’m normally in the studio. They have asked me to speak tonight, which I think is scary,” he said jokingly. Plaster added, “God put us all here and asked us all to help. I think all of us here have an obligation to pass it on.” He said when the Vol State Athletic Department asked him to speak he wanted to make an appearance for this reason.

Plaster spoke highly of Vol State’s athletic department. “I was here three weeks ago for a game. I was very impressed. The level of basketball play involved is really good; very athletic. On the community college level it is terrific!”

Plaster has eighteen years of sports talk experience. “I knew at an early age; it is my passion. When I was in college, I did two years of Nashville Sounds. I’ve got a job where on Sunday I don’t dread Monday. I wish that everyone could have a job like that,” Plaster said.

Tune in to 104.5 The Zone Monday through Friday from 3 to 7 p.m.

Volunteer State Community College

No comments: