Friday, February 19, 2010

Vol State's Fantasy Realm

Adventure, battle, wizardry and dragons are part of the Vol State community. The Dungeons and Dragons club, often referred to as D&D, has one of the highest enrollments for clubs across campus.

Students get together and play various fantasy and role-playing games. Chris Lee, treasurer, has been a member for a year and a half. “Our last meeting we added anime and card games such as Magic the Gathering,” said Lee.

“It helps relax me. I get stressed really easily. I’ve been a member since last semester around August or September. I play D&D, Warhammer, and Magic,” said Josh Wood.

Jamie Waide was doing sketches and she said, “I’m really not good at card games, anime is my

passion. I’m currently in the position of making a t-shirt for us.”

James Massey has been a member of D&D since last semester. “I’ve always been a nerd. My friends started playing, so I started,” he said.

Steffen Dunham said he likes to play because the games are fun. “I like to challenge people with my brain,” he said.

Students interested in getting involved with the fantasy realm can become involved with the D&D club by stopping by the Club Room in the Wood Campus Center and ask for Nick or B.J.

Volunteer State Community College

No comments: