Monday, March 29, 2010

The Hunt Is On

A sunny day paved the way for Easter eggs and carnival rides at the annual Vol State Easter egg hunt this past Saturday.

Vol State student Wendy Nabors brought her granddaughter, Elyzabyth Harrington, 3. “We bring her every year. This is my third year as a Vol State student,” she said.

Among those who enjoyed the festivities were students as well as faculty and staff.

“It’s wonderful. It’s awesome! They get lots of candy. I teach here part time. I came to support Vol State and have fun for the kids. It’s a safe environment for the kids,” said Connie Martin.

Betty Williams brought her grandchildren Brenay, 5, and Brenez, 6. “I teach health and fitness. I’m doing the grand kids today, and it’s a free activity,” she said.Williams said she was enjoying herself with her grandchildren. Her grandson Brenez pulled out his favorite piece of candy and said, “I like it. It’s a crabby patty!”


Student volunteers came to put in time as well. “I’m a student worker here for Delta Psi Omega. It’s been a crazy morning, but it was fun. The kids all had fun,” said Steven Cox.

Vol State alum came out to enjoy the hunt. Alicia Frye brought her twin grandsons and said, “I went here many years ago. These are my grandchildren Preston and Brady Clawson.”

If you were unable to make it this year, don’t hesitate to make it out next year.

Volunteer State Community College


No comments: