Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Word from Melissa

A blog from one of our President's Ambassadors, Melissa Hopgood:

I am so excited about graduation in May. Being a non-traditional student at Vol State has opened a new perspective on my education, in regards to poetry and other cultures. Mrs.Cynthia Wyatt is my World Literature professor and she has been teaching about how the 12th century courtly love traditions show a deeper love in relationships than today's relationships across cultures. Well, I did not like poetry before this class but Mrs.Wyatt teaches with such passion that it opened my mind to something new. Now, I really like it. I am taking this class as a honors contract course and enjoying every minute of it.

A reminder that honors courses can be taken in a number of ways, including many classes in what is called honors by contract. Visit the web page for more info: www.volstate.edu/honors and consider coming to Honors Information Night this Thursday, April 15 at 7pm in the Rochelle Center of the Thigpen Library.

Volunteer State Community College

No comments: