Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Coaches Honored

Two Vol State coaches were presented the coach of the year award for the 2009 and 2010 year.

“This is my first year at Volunteer State. I loved it. This is coming home for me. I look forward to many more successful seasons,” said Chris Harris, Head Coach for Women’s Basketball.

Harris received the award from The Tennessee Junior and Community College Athletic Association (TCCAA) Western Division.

“Anytime you get the coach of the year award that is the ultimate team award because without the team you wouldn’t have it,” said Johnny Lynn, Head Softball Coach. Lynn received the TCCAA coach of the year award for women’s softball.

Lynn is a Marketing and Business Ed major from Auburn University. “I started softball in ’93-’94. When I got out (of college) I came up here to help Bobby Hudson with basketball, but I had to coach softball too,” he said.

Out of the 17 years Lynn has been coaching at Vol State he has received the coach of the year award nine times.


Volunteer State Community College

No comments: