Monday, May 10, 2010

Lights, Camera, Action!

Vol State theater student P.C. Neilson, 19, is moving to Los Angeles, Calif. to pursue his dream of becoming a film actor.

Neilson got accepted into the American Musical and Dramatic Academy (AMDA). “It’s a two year program and four years is optional. I got a 4,000 dollar scholarship,” he said.

“I plan on moving out there in mid-September. The semester begins October 15 and ends in February. They offer classes in screen acting and stage acting,” said Neilson.

“I’ve been acting since I was little. My first career choice was to go into professional wrestling. I had a small accident and I hurt my knee," Neilson said.

"I came from a showbiz family. My father is a director in L.A. His name is Phil Neilson. My mom has done some stunt work,” he said.

Neilson talked about the differences in film versus live theater productions. “In theater you only get one chance (to get it right during a performance). I think that all actors should have to train in stage theater. I’m trying to get into film,” he said.

“To any aspiring actors out there don’t give up. It’s your dream. Follow it,” he said.

Neilson said that when he is settled in Los Angeles he is going to try to get auditions for acting jobs in between his school schedule.

Tuition rates for AMDA are between 33 to 35 thousand dollars per academic year.


Volunteer State Community College

No comments: