Thursday, May 13, 2010

Radiology Bound

Cassie Hunley, 27, transferred to Vol State from UK (The University of Kentucky) to go into the radiology program.

“We moved here a couple of years ago. I’m a pre-radiology tech. I have a friend who’s daughter runs a radiology lab and she said that this (Vol State) was a good school,” Hunley said.

Hunley said she is taking classes in the summer, fall, and spring semesters. “I’m hoping to have my associates by next spring and move into the radiology program,” she said.

“I went to UK, which is a huge college, for three years and you are just a pawn in the game. Here you can actually talk to people and your advisors,” she added.

“I’ve worked in a doctor’s office, and I had a couple of ultrasounds done. I really want to do that,” she said.

Hunley said that she has enjoyed her experience so far at Vol State, and hopes that she gets accepted in the highly competitive radiology program.

Volunteer State Community College

No comments: