Monday, June 7, 2010

Dean Accepts New Position

Dr. Bonny Copenhaver has been the Dean of the Humanities division at Vol State for the past five years.

Dean Copenhaver has accepted the position of Vice President of Academic Affairs and Student Affairs at Motlow State Community College in Lynchburg, Tenn.

“This is a change. It is a brand new position. I start July 1st, and my last day is this Friday June 11th. It’s kind of sad for me. I feel at home here,” Copenhaver said.

Dean Copenhaver said the dedication that people have here for their students and their passion for teaching is what she likes best about Vol State.

“I think it will be an opportunity to get to know people. I’m going to get to bring together people to work together on a new team. I’m excited,” she said regarding her new position.

“I love working here and I love the people that are in my division. I’ve learned and grown so much. I’ll come back and visit,” she said.

Copenhaver has a bachelor’s and master’s degree in English, and a doctorate degree in educational leadership.


Volunteer State Community College

1 comment:

Still Blue After All These Years said...

Friday will be a sad day for those of us who work in Humanities. Dean Copenhaver was the epitome of grace, fairness, support, and vision. She will be missed.