Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hello! Now You Can Get the Info You Need

Some of you may know me, but for those who don’t, I would like to introduce myself.

My name is Amie Lara, and I am the social media writer on campus. I have a few different job responsibilities, but the most noticed of these is the Vol State blog, which is a useful informational tool that can be easily accessed on Vol State’s main website.

Starting a new adventure can be exciting, yet nerve wracking. Therefore, for the next two weeks, the blog will have the information needed to find the who, what, when, and where of what to expect the first couple of weeks of college.

Students are encouraged to submit blog postings they have written about things going on in their lives as well. I’m going to try to post student postings about once a week to give the blog a different voice. As it is now, we have the administrative voice that is posted by Vol State and my voice, with the occasional student posting. The more input we have helps to make the site more productive and user-friendly, and adds different perspectives.

I am very approachable, so if anyone has anything going on that they would like to bring to my attention, feel free to contact me.

My email is alara@volstate.edu and the contact number is 230-3571 in the public relations office.

I hope everyone has a successful semester, and I look forward to seeing everyone around campus.


Volunteer State Community College

No comments: