Friday, September 24, 2010

Quick Look at Theater Major Steven Cox

Steven Cox, 23 is currently one of Vol State’s most active theater majors, and the president of Delta Psi Omega, the campus theater club.

Cox will graduate in May 2011. “My plan right now is to transfer to the University of Memphis,” he said.
Throughout his life so far, Cox said he has been in over a dozen productions. Vol State productions include “Dearly Departed” and “Polaroid Stories.”

“I am currently stage managing “Steel Magnolias.” I feel everyone should know the technical side and at least have an understanding of it,” he said.

“I love theater.  The creative control and content is what gets me jazzed. It is such an under appreciated art form, especially with expansion of 3-D movies and television,” Cox said.

In his spare time Cox said that he loves nothing more than to go to a friend’s house and sit around a bonfire. “If I have the time, I love travelling. I would love to go see all of Europe, Asia, and parts of Africa.”

In five to 10 years Cox wants to have his Bachelor’s degree, and hopefully work professionally in New York City while pursuing his master’s degree to eventually teach theater. 

Volunteer State Community College

No comments: