Monday, October 4, 2010

Hotel and Restaurant Management Program a Proven Success

The success of Vol State's hotel and restaurant management program has a proven track record. 

Norberto Roman is a non-traditional student in the program, and will graduate in May 2011.

“When I first came to Vol State, my dream was to become a GM,” said Roman. “I’ve been working for Choice Hotels for three years. In 2007 I was only a front desk clerk. I’m the general manager of Comfort Inn now. I manage a 16 year old property with 56 rooms and 18 employees under my supervision.”

Roman recently won the 2010 Award for Property Excellence (APEX), award for service excellence in the general manager category with Choice Hotels. Incidentally, this is the second award that Roman has won. He manages the Comfort Inn-North in Clarksville.

“My ultimate dream would be to manage a resort,” said Roman.  

Roman gives advice to those wanting to go into the hotel and restaurant business. “It’s all about passion and not quitting.”

“I’ve been blessed,” Roman added. “I had a dream to go further than the front desk. The only way to reach those goals is to have passion, and love your job.” He said that without the support of his wife, he wouldn’t be where he is right now.

Meanwhile, another Vol State grad,  Brad Hood  manages the Lebanon Econolodge, and his hotel received the 2010/2011 Gold award from Choice Hotels International.

Volunteer State Community College

2 comments:

Mary said...

Congratulations to both of my students Norberto and Brad! They are committed to their careers and passionate about their profession. I can't wait to see where their careers take them.

Tony Zaver said...

Congratulations Norberto. I am proud to have you manage my property. You continue to take it to new heights. You make us all very proud. Keep working hard and it will make all your dreams come true.