Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Being Thankful at Vol State

International students were able to have a traditional Thanksgiving meal at the Thanksgiving luncheon for international students, sponsored by the collegiate ministry.

Several students at this event as well as students, faculty and staff around campus voiced the reasons they are thankful.

“I am thankful that I live in a country that allows us so much freedom,” said Clay Scott, associate professor, communication and journalism.

“I’m thankful for my family’s support through school,” said sophomore Rob Glenn.

“I’m thankful that my family was able to re-build their house after the flood, and that I have good grades,” said student Tanner Battenberg.

“I’m thankful for life itself,” said Akhiyar Ahmed

“I’m thankful for the people I work with in the visual and performing arts department,” said Edmon Thomas, associate professor, communication and theater.

“I’m thankful for my family,” said student Jackson Bush.

“I’m thankful for my friends,” said psychology major Megan Davis.

“I’m thankful for the opportunity to come to the United States because I have more opportunity,” said student Roman Shutt.

Volunteer State Community College

No comments: