Thursday, November 18, 2010

Meet the Cheerleaders!

The Vol State Cheerleading Squad has been keeping the spirit going at Vol State basketball games. The two co-captains have this introduction:

Amanda Smith: I am an elementary education major as a sophomore here at Vol-State. I plan on becoming part of the TSU education program within the next year. I was a varsity cheerleader at Gallatin High School and captain my senior year. I am one of the student representatives on the VSCC facilities committee. I am currently your VSCC cheerleading captain for the 2010-2011 season. Go Pioneers!

Hey Everyone! I am Lydia “Shake” Green. I moved to Tennessee three years ago from Barberton, Ohio. I graduated in 2010 from Hendersonville High School. I am a freshman here at Vol- State. My major is health and physical education. I plan to work on a minor in coaching. I have cheered over eight years for the Barberton Magics. I have also cheered for several other teams throughout the city back in Ohio. I currently serve as your VSCC cheerleading squad Co-Captain for the 2010-2011 season. I’m looking forward to a very successful and fun season. Go Red, White and Blue!

Our squad consists of 8 dedicated members, who have worked hard since day one. After our cheerleading tryouts our squad has been successful and improving as a team. We started off not knowing each other at all and today we consider ourselves a family. Our friendships have been created and will become stronger as the season continues. We have performed as a squad at halftimes and cheer for our Men's and Women's Basketball teams. We conduct weekly practices to learn and perfect our routines to promote crowd involvement and entertain our VSCC fans. The squad also plans on participating in community events and helping our local residents. We look forward to meeting new fans, students, and other community members as our cheerleading season continues. Go Pioneers!

Volunteer State Community College

No comments: