Friday, March 11, 2011

Important Student Information-Course Numbers are Changing

This is important information for students before they register for fall semester:

Vol State is working with other schools to make it easier for you to transfer classes from one school to another. The first step is to adopt common courses numbers. That means many of our courses have changed rubrics (the 3 or letter part like ENGL) and/or course numbers ( the digit part like 1010) for the Fall 2011 semester. Most of the course names are still the same. (English Comp is still English Comp.)

Since so many things did change, we’ve provided a crosswalk to help you register for the right classes. Your degree audit (CAPP) will also change by the time registration starts for Summer andFall 2011. During the summer, your degree audit will show both the old and new courses (PSY 101 or PSYC 1010) in the requirements. After summer registration, only the new courses will appear in the requirements.

Don’t worry. The courses you took under the old numbers will still count just like they always have. If you have questions, please contact your advisor or the Advising Center. Once again, this is all part of a statewide effort to make college and university transfer easier, creating a clear pathway for you.

The Course Crosswalk is available online:

No comments: