Vol State students...it's time to get your student ID and parking pass. Doing it early can help you beat long lines and be ready for the start of school. Here's exactly what you need to do courtesy of our Student Life Office:
Students enrolled for Fall 2011 classes may now get their Student ID Card and Parking Passes and mark that off the fall to-do list. Please make sure you have completed the following steps before coming to the Wood Campus Center Suite 215 (Student Life and Diversity Initiatives) or Suite 217 (Student Services).
1. Register for Fall 2011 VSCC classes*.
2. Receive bill from Business and Finance for your Fall 2011 classes (check your volstate.edu email address).
3. Bring confirmation of Financial Aid award package (check your volstate.edu email address) or receipt of payment on your account (deferred payment plan stage 1 or full payment) to Wood 215 or Wood 217.
4. 2011-2012 ID Cards
a. New Students – bring a government issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport, military ID, etc) to Wood 215 or Wood 217
b. Continuing/Returning Students – bring your current VSCC ID Card so we can update the expiration date with a new sticker
• If you have lost your ID card there is a $10 fee to replace it.
5. 2011-2012 Parking Passes
a. Students may have parking passes for up to three vehicles. To be properly displayed, parking passes should be affixed to the lower left corner of the back window (i.e. driver’s side, bottom corner).
b. For vehicles with clear back glass, the student may choose either a static cling interior sticker or an adhesive exterior sticker.
c. For vehicles with tinted back glass (factory tint or darker), the student will be given and adhesive exterior sticker.
d. For Jeep Wranglers and convertibles, the sticker should be displayed in the front window, driver’s side, bottom corner and the student may choose either the interior or exterior sticker.
e. Motorcycles do not need parking passes.
6. All students are required to have a current VSCC ID card, regardless of campus location, instructional delivery method, or number of classes. The cost for Parking Passes is already included in your fees from Business and Finance so there is no out of pocket expense when you get your ID card and Parking Passes.
Come in early to avoid lines closer to the start of the Fall semester.
Here are the hours and locations:
Livingston: Normal business hours (8am to 4:30pm) starting Monday, August 1. Livingston students need a parking pass and student ID.
Springfield - Highland Crest: Normal business hours (8am to 4:30pm) starting Monday, August 1. Highland Crest students need a parking pass and student ID.
Summer Hours through Friday, August 5
Wood 215: Monday through Friday; 8:30am to 4:30pm
Wood 217: Monday through Thursday; 12:30pm to 8:00pm; Friday 10:30am to 5:00pm
Monday, August 8 through Friday, August 19
Both Wood 215 and 217: Monday through Friday; 8:30am to 4:30pm
Monday, August 22 – Offices closed for ConvocationTuesday, August 23 through Friday, August 26
Wood 215: Tuesday through Friday; 8:30am to 4:30pm
Wood 217: Tuesday and Wednesday 8:30am to 5:30pm; Thursday 8:30am to 6:00pm; Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
Saturday, August 27 during the President’s Picnic only
Wood 215 and 217 both; 8:00am to 1:00pm
Thank you for your patience this summer while we waited for supplies to arrive. Please come as early as you can to avoid long lines at the end of August and avoid warnings or citations from Campus Police once classes begin.