Friday, April 13, 2012

Vol State Romance - Strikes Again!

Do you consider Vol State a romantic place?  Communications major Justin Underwood must have thought so.  Last April he proposed to fellow student Jeanette Moore during the annual Vol State Music Showcase. The two will graduate in just a couple of weeks...and Vol State will always be part of their romance story.
“I met her while I was traveling with a music ministry,” said Justin.  “She came to a block party where I was playing.  After that first concert she added me on MySpace and we kind of hung out for a while.  It wasn’t long before we started dating and that went on for two and a half years before the proposal.”
Being the talented musician that he is, Justin wrote a special song just for the occasion. It just so happens that the cameras were rolling the night of the performance. 
Jeanette is an education major.  “I knew we were supposed to be together," said Jeanette.  "I'm a singer and he plays drums, guitar, and everything else.  We are both family oriented and discussed it and we remained abstinent the whole three years before marriage.  Now, a year later we are going to have a baby close to our anniversary.  I still go to school and work full-time.  I was so surprised that night.  I thought he was just nervous when he called me out on stage, but when he got down on one knee, I thought, ‘Oh my God!’ Everyone knew about it but me.”
Justin and Jeanette were married in October, and will both graduate this spring.  The song made enough of a splash that it will be included on the upcoming Vol State music showcase CD at the end of the month. 
If you have a Vol State Romance you would like to share, Vol State has a dedicated webpage for romances where Vol State played a role in bringing them together.
Volunteer State Community College

No comments: