Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Bliss Signs with Lipscomb

Lady Pioneers Basketball Team
When Sara Bliss, Lady Pioneer number 12, started playing basketball at the age of five, she never imagined that she would be here today signing a NCAA National Letter of Intent to Lipscomb University.
Sara Bliss
Sara, who is an All-Conference player, as well as a NJCAA Academic All-America, is a perfect example of how with the right support from friends and family, one can make it to places they never imagined.
When Sara and her twin sister Katie, Lady Pioneer number 10, came to play basketball at Vol State together, Sara had no intention of playing longer than two years.
Her team mates, coach and family pushed her to keep playing.
“I’m happy that I came here to Vol State to play ball and gain the experience in college playing ball. [With] all the friends that I have made here, it’s been a pleasure.
With the extra push and support from loved ones, Sara is headed to Lipscomb University to play basketball for a NCAA team.
“I’m super excited because I think she is going to great school [Lipscomb],” said Chris Harris, coach of the Lady Pioneers basketball team.” “I believe it is a perfect fit. I know that Sara will fit in academically and social wise.”
 
Coach Chris Harris, Sara Bliss with her mom and dad
“We are very proud of her hard work in school and basketball,” said LeAnne Bliss, Sarah’s mother. “I think she will have a lot of opportunity through Lipscomb.”
Even though everyone else in her life is ecstatic about Sara’s success, she is playing it cool.
“I’m trying not to make it a big deal because I still have this season to get through," said Sara. “Once I’m done with that, I can focus on Lipscomb.”
Although she is staying calm, Sara said that she is looking forward to the atmosphere of a four-year school.
“I love playing in front of a crowd.” Playing in their [Lipscomb] arena will be fun and get me pumped up for the game with a big crowd.”
To see Sara, Katie and the other Lady Pioneers play, check out the 2012-2013 basketball schedule here.

No comments: