Thursday, April 11, 2013

Catch the Fever -But Watch Out!

Remember your senior year in high school and how it was all about you and your classmates? Your car windows were probably painted in bright letters, letting the world know that you are a senior, class of ….  As graduation neared closer, you became anxious and nervous, a new adventure was just on the horizon.
Now, as a Vol State sophomore, you are probably gearing up for finals and it’s starting to feel like senior year in high school all over again. You may not be a senior but you sure have senioritis. You’re nervous about the end of the semester, finals and graduation. A whole new chapter of your life is waiting just beyond the horizon yet again.
“I can’t wait to get out of here,” said sophomore Naika Dorcelon. 
Although Dorcelon is excited about graduation, she is still a little apprehensive about finals.
“I’m not ready at all,” Dorcelon said.

Like Dorcelon, many students may feel like there is not enough time to get everything finished before the end, or some may have slacked off a little around the middle of the semester. So now is the time to pick up the pace and get prepared for finals and graduation.

“I never got over my senioritis from high school,” said Joshua Rittenberry. “ Trying not to procrastinate, as much, can prove difficult because you don’t have a lot of free time with school and work. Sometimes I find myself skipping out on assignments.”
Rittenberry isn’t the only one skipping a few assignments. Student Bailey Armstrong says that she finds herself slacking off a little in the middle of the semester.
“In the beginning of the semester I’m really organized and on track,” Armstrong said.
“The end of the semester is a good time for me to pick up on my assignments,” said Evan Ray.
As the end of the semester rears it’s ugly head, students should be picking up the pace. We all know that senioritis is a dangerous disease that could cause failure and no one wants to repeat their senior year, yet alone their sophomore year.
“Once I get my associate degree, I feel like I’m moving forward,” said Austin Hayes. “I’m ready to get college over with.”

No comments: