Tuesday, June 18, 2013

What Can Travel Study do for You?

Vol State student Trey McCrary recently traveled to Brazil for a Travel Study class. What did it mean to him?

"My experiences in Brazil are some of the best that I have experienced. Bottom line- I started this course because my thoughts of the class at the time was that of many students before they take a music class; a blow off class, to be completely honest. I am a hard working student  who wished to travel and studying abroad gave me that opportunity to do just that. I did what any other student who wants to travel and applies themselves would do- I took advantage of the chances given to me. With all of that being said; it is easy for me to admit my fault. Within the last month  of taking this class I think I have learned more than any class on a college campus could give me; about music, Brazil as a richly cultured Country, and about people in general. Brazil’s history, culture and diversity as a whole are unmatched and in the following paragraphs I will explain just some of these and how I personally interpreted them."

Interested in Travel Study at Vol State? Check out the web page.


2 comments:

Emily Naff said...

Tre was a joy to have on the trip. His curiosity about Brazil along with his smile and friendly personality made him an easy ambassador for the group. He was always the first to meet someone and strike up a "conversation" with people. He never let a language barrier get in the way of making new friends!

Emily Naff said...

Tre was a joy to have on the trip. His curiosity about Brazil along with his smile and friendly personality made him an easy ambassador for the group. He was always the first to meet someone and strike up a "conversation" with people. He never let a language barrier get in the way of making new friends!