Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Meet Meghan and Michael

I cannot believe how fast the summer has flown by. I want to give everyone, whether you are a new student or a returning student, a huge WELCOME!

Today is the first day for some students and possibly the second day of Fall semester for others. I am excited to get started on my courses so I can graduate. One of the best things about this job is that I get to meet so many people. I have met students from a foreign country, students that are attending Vol State from another part of the country, and siblings that are attending school together.

I was able to speak catch up with siblings and new students, Meghan and Michael Castro. They had me smiling the entire conversation, simply because they reminded me of my brother and I. They did not hold back on the occasional sibling jab, but you could see the friendship between them.

Q: What are you looking forward to about the semester?
Meghan- " The excitement! I have been out of school since I was 16, so getting back to that is what I am excited about".

Michael- "Starting something new. I am a new student, so everything that I am doing is brand new to me."

Q: What do you think that your most challenging class will be?
Meghan- "Macroeconomics. It just looks scary to me. You can say I am intimidated."

Michael: "Speech class. I am not very social and great with speaking."

Q: How do you juggle "life" outside of Vol State? For example, work and family.
Meghan- "I just had a baby a month ago and I am returning to work today. I am planning on being more organized with everything." "Thankfully, my job works well with my schedule at school."

Michael- "I plan activities around my classes and work. I have classes that work with my job."

It is great to see that so many of us have so much in common. Work, families, jobs, and of course Vol State. I hope that Michael and Meghan have a great semester and continue to stay excited about classes.



No comments: