Online classes start on Saturday...that's when you will be able to see them on the My Vol State online page. Vol State online classes should open up early in the morning Saturday and RODP late that afternoon. You should log-on on Saturday to see what the instructor expects and when your first assignments are due. Those first assignments are often how they take attendance, which in the first week is critical for your financial aid. Here are some tips for taking online courses:
What is MyVolState Online?
MyVolState Online is an online learning environment that
lets student access course materials and communicate
with their peers and professors, as well as submit
assignments, take tests, and receive grades.
How do I access MyVolState Online?
You can access MyVolState Online through any of the
websites listed below. For detailed assistance, see the back
of this sheet.
Get to your classes through the My Vol State portal: https://portal.volstate.edu
Or directly with this address: https://elearn.volstate.edu
MyVolState Online Quick Reference
1. Class Title: “SPAN-1010” is the course
number, followed by the section number
2. Course Home: Return to the class
3. Content: Access course materials, such as
your syllabus, lecture notes, or other
4. Discussions: Participate in online class
5. Dropbox: Submit assignments for
assessment by your professor
6. Quizzes: Take online quizzes or tests
7. Grades: View your class grades
8. Classlist: A convenient way to view a list of
your classmates and contact them
9. My Home: View all classes you are enrolled
in, as well as view news and
10. Email: MyVolState Online has an email
service that is not able to send or receive
emails from personal or external accounts
11. Logout: Securely end your online session
Tips and Advice
• You must have reliable Internet access and a
functioning computer in order to use MyVolState
Online, or to complete an online class
• An online course is every bit as engaging and
challenging as a physical classroom; however,
students are not required to show up at a
specific time each day. This type of learning
requires discipline, motivation, and great time
• Read syllabi very carefully to check for possible
proctored exams, due dates, quizzes, etc.
• It’s good practice to log out and close your web
browser when you’re finished using MyVolState
Online. This prevents other users from seeing
sensitive or personal information.
Visit the online learning You Tube channel for helpful videos: