Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Former Globetrotter Hired as Vol State Women’s Basketball Coach

Otis Key is the new women’s basketball coach at Volunteer State Community College. He comes most recently from South Warren High School in Kentucky, where he was boys’ varsity assistant and freshmen coach.
“We had a lot of quality applicants,” said Vol State athletic director, Bobby Hudson. “I took the time to find the right one. I think Otis will do a great job. He has player development experience. He’s also a former player for the Harlem Globetrotters.”
“I spent ten great seasons within the Harlem Globetrotters organization,” Key said. “I had many roles. I think that experience, in many different areas, helps me in my coaching, not to mention all of the great coaches I worked for.”
Key coached for the American Basketball Association Kentucky Bison and the Continental Basketball Association Bowling Green Hornets. He is currently working with the Vol State team to get ready for the upcoming season.
“I’ve talked to all of our players. I’m excited to meet them and begin watching them play. I think this team has a lot of potential. We have our nucleus coming back and an all-American, Jenise Davis, coming back.”
The Vol State Lady Pioneers will hold scrimmages in October and kick-off their season on November 1 in the Vestle “Pops” Hudson Classic at Vol State versus Wabash Valley. For the complete schedule visit www.volstate.edu/athletics.

No comments: