Thursday, August 28, 2014

Student Spotlight: Oscar, Miriam & Travis

The first week of classes are in the bag, and the campus is starting to get a little more familiar.

But there are still plenty of new faces around Vol State, so if you haven't taken the time to meet some new people yet, make sure you introduce yourself to someone this week.
Oscar Majano and Miriam Bravo

New students Oscar Majano and Miriam Bravo went to high school together, and are now studying at Vol State. While taking a much-needed break in the shade, Bravo talked about how her first day of classes went.

Q: Was there a lot to take in during your first day of classes?
A: "I didn't feel like there was. It was just a normal day of classes. It was really chill."

Q: Are you planning on getting involved with any clubs or organizations on campus this semester?
A: "I would like to get involved, actually. I don't just want to come here and leave. I want to meet new people and make new friends."

Travis Oliver

Travis Oliver, another new student, took some time to discuss how excited he was for his first semester of college classes. 

Q: How do you like Vol State so far now that the first classes is over?
A: "I think this is going to be a fun time for me. I really like the professors. They're really personable, and the rest of the people here are nice. I also like the material that I'm studying."

Q: What are you look forward to the most about the semester?
A: "This theater class I'm taking is obviously going to be a lot of fun. I'm really looking forward to doing a play here in the near future."


No comments: