Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Break from the Books

Mary, Cameron Harris, Bailey Crowder & Malik Weir

Taking a break from homework during the day is highly recommended, especially if that break consists of catching up with friends.

That's what new students Malik Weir, Bailey Crowder, Cameron Harris, and Mary were doing as the first week of classes wrapped up at Vol State. 

The first-day jitters got the best of Mary but once she got into the groove of her schedule, things got a lot easier.

"The first two days, I hated it. I think I was just overwhelmed by the syllabus and everything, but then the third day was the first day I actually had fun, so I feel like I can do this now. I feel more ready and confident now," she said.

Crowder said she enjoyed her first week on campus.

"I really like it so far. I like how you can just do your own thing, and I think that's because we haven't gotten a lot of work yet. I think that'll change in a couple of days, so we'll see how that goes," she said.

While the class work might get a little more intensive as the semester goes on, Harris said he's looking forward to the opportunities college will offer.

Well, that and intramural football. 

"It was kind of awkward at first, because you're so used to high school. I feel kind of free now. It's not bad at all. It's college," Harris said.

No comments: