Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Language Center Can Help You

At first glance, the Language Center appears to be filled with conversations. Those conversations are at the heart of the process. Humanities faculty members are working one-on-one with students on papers and assignments. One student may be looking for topic ideas for a paper. Another may be polishing up a rough draft and interested in strengthening the writing. Instructors in the Language center can help students in all of the writing stages. They’re not going to write the paper for you. They will provide the feedback you need to make your paper better.
“I came in today to get help with a paper,” said Warren Wright. “It went well. She helped me with sentence structure and paragraph structure. It helps me take what’s in my head and make it readily available to the public.”
“I’m working on a research proposal assignment for my English class,” said Rosa Samogna. “She helped me understand how I can determine my topic.” While it’s her first time in the Language Center this semester, Rosa is a regular, coming in several times a semester. That tends to be the trend. Once students use the Language Center, they come back for help with other assignments.
The Language Center services are available to all Vol State students and they’re free. You can use one of the many computers to work on your paper. The Center also has Rosetta Stone software in Spanish, French, Chinese and English.
You can drop in at any time when they are open. For fall semester the Language Center is open now through December 7.
Fall/Spring

Day
Open
     Close
Monday
9:00 AM
     5:00 PM
Tuesday
9:00 AM
     7:00 PM
Wednesday
9:00 AM
     7:00 PM
Thursday
9:00 AM
     5:00 PM
Friday
9:00 AM
     3:00 PM

No comments: