Thursday, December 6, 2007

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

It's not even considered winter yet and already we've had freezing temperatures! Freezing temperatures mean staying indoors where it's nice and warm and toasty. Freezing temperatures also mean you have some down time! Time for what? Time to get your school stuff situated! It doesn't matter if you are coming for the spring semester starting in January, the summer semester which starts at the end of May or next fall 2008---you can still start planning and making some decisions.

Not sure what you need to do? The Office of Admissions at Volunteer State Community College can help. Just give us a call at 615-230-3689. You still have time to start for the spring semester in January, but you want to make sure that you apply for admission as soon as possible. You can do this by going to our website at and click on the "Apply Online" link. Keep in mind if you are trying to get into a specific program you might have certain deadlines to meet.

Thinking about how to pay for school? You can file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by going to their website, but first you will need a PIN number. Visit to get your PIN number and to file the FAFSA online. Volunteer State Community College also has scholarships that are funded through our Foundations Office. Looking for some private scholarships? Think you might be eligible? Visit

Just remember, the hardest part to all of this is picking up the phone to call or walking through our door. We can help you with the rest. Don't hesitate to call!

Contact Heather Harper in Admissions at or by calling 615-230-3684. Volunteer State Community College. Vol State.

1 comment:

Derek said...

I was reminded how important the FAFSA PIN is just earlier this week. I needed it to make an online payment for my student loans. So once you sign up for one, document it and keep it somewhere safe. You may be using it for years to come! :)